The Kestrel family of weather and environmental meters began in 1996 when NK co-owner Richard Kellerman needed a dependable wind meter for flying his glider. Recognized today as the standard for accuracy and reliability by professionals and enthusiasts alike, Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters can be found at the top of Everest, on Special Forces missions, chasing tornadoes and in your backyard. All Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed and built in the USA to stand up to years of rugged use, calibrated to NIST-traceable standards and come with a five-year warranty.
The Kestrel 2500NV Pocket Weather Meter accurately measures wind and temperature and has the added benefits of an air pressure sensor that provides altitude and barometric information, enabling you to follow changes in air pressure that help predict impending changes in the weather. Factor in the 2500NV's digital altimeter, and you have (almost) all the weather information you need for outdoor activities ranging from model airplane flight to rifle practice. The Kestrel 2500NV's sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info. Additionally, an external temperature sensor and waterproof casing allow you to gauge the temperature of water (it even floats) and snow, as well as the open air. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
For military professionals, this Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 2500 features a night-vision preserving backlight.
Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters like the Kestrel 2500NV are an essential tool for target rifle shooters and military professionals, and prove invaluable to outdoor enthusiasts (like skiers and mountain climbers) who need accurate and up to the minute weather information. It accurately measures:
- Wind Chill
- Air, Water, and Snow Temperature (displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius w/ accuracy of +/-1 degree)
- Current, Average, and Maximum Wind Speed (displayed in: Beaufort Wind Scale; Knots; MPH; KPH or Feet Per Minute)
- Barometric Pressure
- Pressure Trend
- Protective cover with sure-grip molding
- Real-time clock
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display
- Waterproof and floats
- Quick-response, external thermometer
- Innovative design for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Patented, user-replaceable impeller (no tools needed)
- Ultralight impeller is mounted in jewel bearings for precision, wide range of speeds and low startup speed
- Impeller is shock-mounted in a glass-reinforced plastic housing
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- Actual size: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.6 inches (size without case)
- Power: User-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery with average life of 300 hours
All Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters are made in the USA and covered by a 5-year warranty against manufacturing defects. Additionally, every single Kestrel manufactured is calibrated for every single value, either directly against NIST-traceable standards or against an intermediary standard that is calibrated daily.
What's in the Box?
Kestral 2500NV, slip-on protective cover, neck lanyard, CR2032 coin cell battery, Kestrel Certificate of Conformity